Monday, January 11, 2010

Mean Old Brenda and a Heel Poke

My mom and I took Ella to get her second newborn screening last week. I had been dreading this moment because I was not looking forward to seeing her get poked with a needle. Well, we were very unlucky to get "mean old Brenda" as a technician. Poor Ella was crying through the whole thing as Brenda was not very gently doing her job (aka...torturing my baby). THEN, when it was all over I was holding and consoling Ella and Brenda just said, "You can get up now." I took that as our cue to leave and I faced Ella towards Brenda and said, "That wasn't me Ella, that was mean old Brenda!" Very mature, I know. I was not a very good role model at the time but she was rude. ;0) I am quite positive too that I would not have liked anyone who was doing that to Ella. So, I'm sure "mean old Brenda" gets it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment