Thursday, December 24, 2009

Delivery and Hospital




Hooray! Baby Ella Justine Messner is finally here! It was a fun and exciting nine months and it has been an even more fun and exciting last 6 weeks. Sorry for the delay in posting pictures and stories, etc. but my oh my...it has been busy! Since this post is titled "Delivery and Hospital" I will fill everybody in and start from the beginning....an abbreviated version of course!
Okay..so it was November 13th...Friday the 13th, and I had off of work. I was lucky enough to be able to take the week before my due date off to get ready and relax (ha ha). So I went to breakfast with Jimmy and his dad (who was in town awaiting Ella's arrival). I went to Walgreens to get a few last minute things for our hospital bag and then home. I had spoken to my mom on the phone and had given her an update that nothing was happening and I didn't feel any different. The last I had known from my doctor's appointment the day before (Nov. 12th) was that I was still dialated to 3 and really no change. About 30 minutes after getting off the phone with my mom...my water broke!
It was the wierdest thing in the world. I felt a pop (which really creeped me out) and then it happened...the nasty gush of yuckiness that the books tell you about. So...I called Jimmy who then proceeded to freak out (even after months of telling him not to). He was about 30 minutes away so I told him to just make his way home to pick me up. On the way to the hospital my contractions started getting pretty intense and were about 1.5 mins to 2 mins apart. We got to Good Sam's OB Triage and they checked me and I was dialated to 6 so they sent me right up to labor and delivery. I probably wasn't there for any more than 20 mins before they gave me an epidural and then about an hour or so later I was pushing!
Now...here is where it started going NOT as planned! :0) We all thought I was going to have a Friday the 13th baby as none of us believed I would be pushing any longer than until 9:00 or 10:00. My water broke at 2:00, I was pushing by 7:00 or so and everything was going smooth. Well, Miss Ella Justine was born at 1:11AM on November 14th, my due date. She was having a hard time fitting out apparently. We had to use the vacuum (twice..ouch). She wasn't crying when she came out but she seemed very alert. They took her to the transition nursery to do whatever they do but she was fine.
Not very long after the delivery and while Ella was away, I started feeling crummy. My blood pressure was dropping and they realized I was hemorraghing. That was quite the ordeal and long story that I still don't like to re-live! Anyway, after something that felt worse than the delivery times ten...everything worked out and at about 8:00AM I was holding my beautiful angel baby, Ella.
Jimmy was amazing during the delivery and after procedures with the complications. I was so grateful to have my mom there. Mommies make everything better and you feel much safer with them around. She is my guardian angel!
I did get an infection we are thinking from the multiple catheters I had during the labor and hemorraghing but it really knocked me down for a few weeks. I was back in the hospital two days after delivery and then at the doctor again with it a few weeks later. So, that is my big excuse for not being better at posting or calling people! I don't know what I would have done or how I would have gotten through it all without Jimmy, my mom and both of his parents. My mom was with me pretty much everyday cleaning, cooking and taking care of the baby. Jimmy's dad and Della were here helping with me and the baby and they shopped for us, cooked for us, etc. and Jimmy's mom was over helping with everything..the house and the baby and helped Jimmy get through some work things for us. Family is amazing and I am so grateful for everybody!
We still can't believe this was six weeks ago. It seems like it all just happened but both Jimmy and I can't remember our life without our perfect baby. It is wierd but it seems like she has always been here! We are blessed to have her in our lives!
Oh yeah...I always forget to mention but everybody asks. She was 7 lbs 6.2 ozs and 19 inches long. She was born at 1:11AM on November 14th. Lots of triple numbers in her "stats" too such as Good Sam being at 1111 E. McDowell, born at 1:11 in room 333 on 11/14. I think eleven or one hundred eleven should be hers or my favorite number! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment