Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ella-isms

I will start a new list on the side of the blog of Ella-isms (little fun facts about her) but here are some to start!
  • Ella of course is an angel....had to start with that one!
  • She loves to sleep with her hands on her face or over her head and her mouth wide open!
  • She is a VERY lazy eater. She likes to take her time, take breaks and altogether make it a very long experience at the "buffet."
  • She started smiling on purpose at her mommy and daddy right around 6 weeks. Her smiles just make my heart melt and I can't imagine anything better.
  • She loves the pacifier some days and not so much other days. I like the other days when it isn't her best friend. :0) Luckily, she has not "needed" it at night or fussed about it too much.
  • Her second dr.'s appointment she weighed 8 lbs 1 oz so I can't wait to see what she will weigh at the next appt. on Jan. 14th!
  • She likes music. She loves any of her toys that play music and she is digging James Taylor "Carolina In My Mind" right now when we sing it and listen to it on my phone. I have not yet introduced her to Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson yet. I am sure we will be dancing around the house together to both of those gentleman soon! I also need to get her well versed in show tunes like anything from Wicked. We'll see.
  • She loves books too! Hooray! That makes the mommy AND teacher in me happy. She particularly likes the book "Who Do You See" because it has a mirror on it and she can look at herself. Uh oh..does that mean she will be really into herself? HA HA just kidding.
  • Bath time is one of her favorite times of the day. Her dad got her a space heater so she likes to lay there naked and bask in the warmth. Uh oh...does that mean she will be a nudist on some warm tropical island? HA HA just kidding again.
  • Ella loves playing in her room. We go in there a lot throughout the day and play with toys or have tummy time, etc. Usually we have to fight with Riley to get out of there...her room is just so cozy!
  • She also, thankfully, is not phased by much noise. If she is in a deep sleep, the dogs barking or me vacuuming do not wake her up. Thank you Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment